Stoke-on-Trent City Council offers FREE 12-week Y-Weight adult weight management programmes.
These group based sessions are for adults looking for support to lose weight. The programme offers a fun way to make an informed decision about which dietary option works best for you. It will help you to understand the importance of eating well and being more active through small lifestyle changes.
All programmes are hosted by a fully trained educator and delivery takes place in small groups sessions either online or via face to face group sessions at Leisure Centre and community venues across the city. These sessions are interactive and are a great place for people to share ideas.
Attendees will also receive a handy resource folder containing lots of handy tips and advice to help keep you motivated.
Each session will cover a different topic. The list below is a guide of what to expect once enrolled:
- Understanding the food we eat
- Different dietary approaches
- Dietary assessment - making changes
- Goal setting
- Understanding food labelling
- The role of physical activity, stress and sleep plays in weight loss
- Gut health
Y-Weight can help you to...
- Lose weight and learn how to keep it off.
- Reduce your waist size
- Adopt an effective dietary approach that is right for you
- Discuss any concerns you have with your food intake, body shape and/or health
- Increase confident to look after your own health
- Setting your own realistic goal
- Become more energised and active
- Feel supported and ready to make change
You will also receive FREE access to community exercise classes along with access to the gym/pool facilities while you are enrolled onto the programme. Please note: Booking restrictions may apply so booking will be essential.
Sessions are delivered using the latest evidence based dietary information and looks to dispel many of the myths associated with weight loss and wellbeing . Each of the twelve weekly sessions covers a different area of diet, health and well-being .To gain the most from the programme you are advised to attend all sessions if possible.
To take part, you must be 18 or over, have a BMI of 28+ and be a resident of Stoke-on-Trent.
If you wish to find out more about upcoming programmes or speak to someone from the Lifestyle Service Hub, call 0800 085 0928.
Course 1 - Dimensions Leisure Centre - Starts Monday 19 July 6.30pm-8.00pm
Course 2 - Dimensions Leisure Centre - Starts Thursday 22 July 10.00am-11.30am
Course 3 - Fenton Manor Sports Complex - Starts Tuesday 20 July 6.30pm-8.00pm
Course 4 - Fenton Manor Sports Complex - Starts Thursday 29 July 10.00am-11.30am