You need a permit to dispose of waste at our tips if you are using a trailer or are in a commercial-type vehicle, including hired vehicles. The permits are valid for 12 months, or five if you have hired or borrowed the vehicle.
You can apply for and collect waste permits from any of our customer service centres. You can apply for a free permit . Bring two of the following:
- V5 document (or lease agreement if you lease your vehicle)
- DWP letter dated within the last two months
- utility bill dated within the last two months
- current council tax bill
- current valid full UK driving licence
- bank statement dated within the last two months
- credit card statement dated within the last two months
You will also need:
- If you have borrowed a vehicle from your employer, we will need a letter from them saying you are allowed to use their vehicle
- Self-employed people must bring a copy of the duty of care issued by their trade waste carrier or proof of how they dispose of business waste
- If you have hired a vehicle for more than two days we will need to see the hire agreement
- If you have hired a vehicle for two days or less you don’t need a permit. Take your hire agreement and proof of your address to the tip and show it at the gate when you arrive. You will be asked to complete a form.
Cars can use the sites to dispose of household and garden waste without a permit.
Vehicles requiring a waste permit are:
- commercial-type vehicles (vans)
- hired or borrowed vans (for longer than two days)
- car-derived vehicles with no side windows
- pick-up trucks