Newcastle-under-Lyme Borough Council and Stoke-on-Trent City Council adopted a Joint Statement of Community Involvement.
This sets out how and when the councils involve the community in both plan-making and the determination of a planning application. In particular it aims to improve:
- opportunities for involving the community and the way in which planning information is made available
- understanding of the plan making process and process of determining a planning application
- decision making informed by valuable local knowledge
- engagement with the development industry and a better understanding of both developers and landowners aspirations at an early stage
- opportunities to work together to bring forward development in the public interest
- the efficiency and effectiveness of the planning service