- Facilities available
We've missed you! And we're delighted to say that our leisure/sports centres are gradually reopening services and facilities in line with the Government's road map.
Stoke Gymnastics Centre's indoor gymnastics restarts on April 15. New members are welcome where spaces permit - email email@example.com or call 01782 234444.
Gyms, membership and activities at other leisure centres
You can sign up for a gym membership and pre-book sessions from April 6 by using the Active Stoke app (stoke.gov.uk/activestokeapp), booking via stoke.gov.uk/sports or by calling your chosen centre (Shapes: 01782 233222, Dimensions: 233500, The Wallace: 233555, New Horizons: 235037). Pay-as-you go customers must also pre-book by first registering at https://leisure.stoke.gov.uk/JoinAtHome/ and then using the same methods as above.
Swimming - lane and leisure swimming sessions - at Fenton Manor, Dimensions and New Horizons Leisure Centre - return from April 12. Lane swims can be booked at Fenton Manor and New Horizons via the Active Stoke app, stoke.gov.uk/sports or calling the centres. All other swimming sessions - including leisure swims - must be pre-booked by calling the centres.
Indoor sports activities for under-18s and for adults within their own household or bubble return from April 12.
To ensure the activities are covid-secure, the council’s teams have followed guidance from the Government, Public Health England and national governing bodies for sport and leisure.
Safety measures include signage and one-way systems, individual cleaning equipment for each member to collect at reception, hand sanitising stations, extra cleaning by leisure centre teams between sessions, and socially-distanced equipment in the gyms.
- Pre-book sessions via the ActiveStoke app, stoke.gov.uk/leisure or by calling a centre.
- Not have any Covid-19 symptoms in the past 14 days;
- Arrive on time - no more than five minutes early;
- Follow queues, one-way routes and social distancing;
- Sign in with a membership card and support track and trace information;
- Sanitise their hands on arrival and before/after activities;
- Wipe down and sanitise equipment or items used.
Members must give two hours’ notice if they cannot attend a pre-booked session.
Leisure centre parking permits that lapsed during the temporary closure can be extended on request.
Customers also have the option to freeze their membership for a further three months if required.
Reopening more services
More of the city council’s sports and leisure services are due to reopen in line with the Government’s road map to ease coronavirus restrictions. This will include:
- Swimming lessons: From April 15 for children already enrolled on a course. Details for new starters will be confirmed at a later date.
- Exercise and fitness classes: A limited programme will return at Shapes, Dimensions and The Wallace from May 17.
- Active Stoke Community Classes: We will welcome back participants from May 17.
- Health spa: The suite at Fenton Manor and sauna/steam room at The Wallace will reopen from May 17.
- Catering: The café/bar will reopen at Fenton Manor/Dimensions for takeaway and table service from May 17.
- Indoor events: The return of indoor events at a maximum of 1,000 guests or 50 per cent capacity will start from May 17 - email firstname.lastname@example.org
To keep up to date with sport and leisure reopening information, you can also subscribe to our sport and leisure bulletin at stoke.gov.uk/stayconnected or download the Active Stoke app via stoke.gov.uk/activestokeapp
Stoke-on-Trent, ST6 3QT
- Telephone number
- 01782 234444