Stoke-on-Trent and Staffordshire is one of the first areas to pilot the new Lateral Flow Test (LFT). By widening our offer of testing, we can identify more people who have the virus and need to self-isolate, which in turn stops the spread of infection and reduces the number of cases.
We are targeting the tests in several settings including education providers, public sector partners, care providers, and communities where the case rates are highest. We have already started testing in a number of these settings and we are looking to scale up over the next few weeks. If you are a large business with over 200 staff and can fulfil these basic criteria, we are keen to hear from you.
- Your own Occupational Health Team or other equivalent staff such as first aiders willing to be trained to oversee the LFT test process
- Sufficient space to conduct the tests (following social distancing rules) and area to wait for results
- Willingness to test regularly (daily, weekly or fortnightly) and share results with the Council /NHS
- Friday 15 January 2021, 08:30 to 09:15
- Wednesday 20 January, 08:30 to 09:15
- Wednesday 27 January, 16:45 to 17:30
If you would like to register your interest, book a place on a webinar or arrange a further discussion with the team, please get in touch by emailing LFTEnquiries@stoke.gov.uk.