Waste services and guidance during Coronavirus
Anyone looking to use the Hanford tip will be required to get a password before entry, this will be given by staff on the holding area at Campbell Rd. Anyone who does not have a password will not be allowed onto site. This is to prevent queuing issues.
I have symptoms of coronavirus - what should I do with my waste:
- Personal waste (such as used tissues) and disposable cleaning cloths can be stored securely within disposable rubbish bags.
- These bags should be placed into another bag, tied securely and kept separate from other waste.
- This should be put aside for at least 72 hours before being put in your usual external household waste bin.
I am self-isolating – what should I do with my waste?
- When cleaning you should use your usual household products, like detergents and bleach, as these will be very effective at getting rid of the virus on surfaces.
- Clean frequently touched surfaces such as door handles, handrails, remote controls and table tops.
- This is particularly important if you have an older or vulnerable person in the house.
- This household waste can be disposed of as normal.