Supporting People commisions housing-related support services that help vulnerable people to live independently.
The team within Stoke-on-Trent have contracts with thirty organisations across the city. These organisations provide support to people in a variety of settings, such as hostels, women's refuges, supported housing, and in their own homes.
Each service will have its own application process and eligibility criteria. Please refer to our Service Directory
through the link opposite for the contact details of the services we fund.
Supporting People services can help by assisting with a range of practical things. These can include:
- Help to find and set up a new home
- accessing an alarm system or telecare
- access to training, employment, health and education services
- help with getting benefits, managing money and filling in forms
- getting to know the area where you live
- having a regular visit from a warden
- understanding your responsibilities when you live in your own home
- Help to comply with legal orders, for example, about anti-social behaviour or substance misuse
The team are responsible for making sure that there are services available for vulnerable people and that these services are of a good standard.
More information about Supporting People in Stoke-on-Trent can be found in the Service Guide document attached below. A full list of the services we fund can be found in the Service Directory below.
Tel: 01782 232123