Welcome to Stoke Adult Social Care Employment and Skills, known as SASCES.
A consortium for workforce commissioning in adult social care services, SASCES believes in a holistic approach to ensure there are sufficient workers with the right skills to deliver social care to adults across the city.
As a partnership of local organisations we work with Skills for Care. We develop a Local Integrated Workforce Strategy which identifies what the workforce looks like today but also what it needs to look like in the future. It is from this strategic approach to workforce commissioning that SASCES is also able to provide advice, guidance and support to social care providers including:
- collating workforce intelligence;
- developing skills;
- supporting employers to recruit and retain a skilled and confident workforce;
- offering guidance on social care careers;
- encouraging remodelling of social care roles and new ways of working;
- encouraging enterprise and growth of the sector through effective workforce planning; and
- signposting managers to resources, funding and examples of best practice .
Every fortnight Skills for Care produce an enews bulletin containing news, views and updates from Skills for Care and information you may find useful from across the sector by registering your details with Skills for Care.
Further information can be found by accessing the pages to the left of this homepage.