Residential and Nursing Care Services

Residential Care

We offer a wide range of support for adults, including those with disabilities, mental health problems and older people.  Sometimes people do need more care than they can receive in their own homes.

You will have your own room and there are staff who will help and support you.  This is an option if you need care and support with everyday living. Moving into a home is a big decision, you must be sure that it is the right decision for you, you may decide that you want to go into a home for a couple of nights to give you and your carer a break and also give you a feel for the home.

Throughout the city there are many private homes that we have contracts with, so we can find places in these homes as well as the homes that we run.

Nursing Care

If you have nursing needs, as well as needing support with everyday living, you may need a home with nursing care.  Again, there are staff there to support you with all of your needs.

Who can we help?

You need to be over 18, live in Stoke-on-Trent and have had an assessment carried out by us.

The assessment would have to show that you need more support than we can offer you in your own home, we prefer to help people to keep their independence by supporting them to live at home.

What is an assessment?

In most cases, a social worker or an assessor will visit you, to talk to you about what you need.  After they have spoke to you and anyone else who is involved, like your doctor, or district nurse about your situation, we will then decide what support or care we can offer.

We will give you a written care plan, this will say what kind of help we can give you and if we have recommended that a residential setting is the best place to meet your needs.  If this is the case, you can choose which home you would like to go into with two conditions:

  • the home must be able to meet your needs
  • the home must not charge more that the usual price that the city council would normally pay unless you have a third-party top up

Your social worker or assessor will be able to discuss with you how to pay for your care and will go through all the financial information with you. 

If you would like to request an assessment you can call free phone 0800 561 0015 where you can speak to a contact centre advisor.