Stoke on Trent City Council has an integrated approach to working with, investing in, recruiting and developing people of all ages and abilities. We firmly believe that by giving people the opportunity to participate in the world of work and gain practical experience and skills, this provides a valuable talent pipeline for our business and supports the growth of the wider economy and society as it brings more people into work.
Apprenticeships offer a unique way to grow the workforce in addition to providing valuable work experience and learning. They combine on the job training in the organisation with off the job learning. The learning takes place in context of the working environment and provides a real understanding about the working world, combining practical skills with theoretical knowledge.
As one of the largest and most diverse employers in the city we are well-positioned to be able to offer apprenticeships across a range of services including;
- Business Administration
- Children's Care
- Human Resources and Organisational Development
- Sports and Leisure
- Customer Service
There are many benefits to being an apprentice with Stoke on Trent City Council, including;
- You will be employed on a 12 month contract and will work 37 hours per week.
- You will receive the current rate of pay for our apprenticeships which is £100 per week.
- You will be entitled to 27 days holiday and 8 bank holidays per year.
- You will learn valuable skills and knowledge from experienced staff.
- You will be allocated an experienced mentor to support you in the workplace.
All of our apprenticeship opportunities are advertised on our main job vacancies page. Please click here
To view case studies of some of our apprentices please follow the links on the left hand side.
For further information on career opportunities for young people in local government, please click here.
National Apprenticeship Service
For more information on apprenticeships in your local area, please visit the National Apprenticeship Service website at http://www.apprenticeships.org.uk/ where you can register for the vacancy matching service.