Apprenticeships are a way to get work experience and learning, while earning money. They combine on the job training in the organisation with off the job learning.
We regularly have positions for apprentices in:
- Office work
- Children's care
- Human resources and staff training
- Sports and leisure
- Working in our parks and outdoor locations
- Customer service
- Roads and transport
Why be an apprentice at the city council?
- 12-month contract, working 37 hours per week.
- You will receive the current rate of pay for our apprenticeships which is £100 per week.
- 27 days' holiday and eight bank holidays per year.
- Learn from experienced staff.
- Experienced mentors