Welcome to the Landlord Accreditation Scheme North and Central Staffordshire.
The aim of the scheme is to improve the physical and management standards in the private rented sector. This will be achieved
by providing encouragement, support and incentives to members. We will also work with accredited landlords and publicly recognise
that they are willing to achieve and adhere to good property standards.
The Scheme is run as a partnership between the Scheme Operators, who include:
- Stoke-on-Trent City Council
- Newcastle-under-Lyme Borough Council
- Stafford Borough Council
- Staffordshire Moorlands District Council
Who can be become an accredited landlord?
This is a voluntary scheme available to any private landlord who owns and rents out properties in the North and Central area, whether they are locally based or not.
The benefits of becoming an accredited landlord:
- Recognition that you are a landlord providing a good standard of accommodation.
- Access to information and advice at a half day Landlord Development seminar.
- Market advantage when letting a property.
- Free advertisement and promotion of your vacant properties on the Scheme’s website: landlordaccreditation.co.uk.
- Access to discounts from local participating companies.
- Improved access to other local authority departments and services, for instance, Housing Benefits, Empty Homes Team, Grants.
- Co-operation, support and advice from the Scheme Operators on all aspects of private renting.
- Provision of a certificate to promote and provide proof of your membership to the Scheme.
- Periodic inspections of properties registered with the scheme to offer advice on standards and ensure that they meet the Scheme requirements.
- Quarterly newsletter
- Empty Property Matching Service
How do landlords become accredited?
To participate in the Scheme, landlords must supply the following:
- A completed and signed Application Form.
- Details of all the properties they rent out within the four participating local authority areas.
- A copy of the current Gas Safety Certificate(s) for all the properties listed on the Property Register (where applicable).
- P ayment of a fee of £60 for two years membership, and
- Attend a half day Landlord Development seminar within the membership period.
Accreditation will be given where a landlord meets the criteria of the Scheme. This will involve ensuring, as far as reasonably
possible, that the landlord is responsible, competent and suitable to be a member of the Scheme. Successful applicants' details
will be held on a register and updated periodically by the Scheme Operators.
If you would like an application pack sent to you, please the contact us at the Landlord AccreditationTeam on (01782) 232271 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org