Welcome to the Landlord Accreditation Scheme North Staffordshire.
The aim of the scheme is to improve the physical and management standards in the private rented sector. This will be achieved by providing encouragement, support and incentives to members. We will also work with accredited landlords and publicly recognise that they are willing to achieve and adhere to good property standards.
North Staffordshire Landlord Conference Thursday 8 June
We will be hosting the first North Staffordshire Landlord Conference on the above date at the Kings Hall in Stoke-on-Trent ST4 1HH. The event will start at 9am and finish at 5pm and the list of events that will take place throughout the day can be found below.
The guest speaker is Tessa Shepperson from Landlord Law and other speakers include Edward Palmer and Naveed Akbar from Regent Chambers, Tom buck from Calder Finance, Staffordshire Police and officers from the local authority.
A variety of Trade stands will also be exhibiting on the day and it is a great chance to network and meet other professionals.
Refreshments will be available but lunch is not included, but there are canteen facilities on site.
Tickets are available at £25.00 per delegate. To book your place, please click here
Don't miss out on this great opportunity and book early to avoid disappointment.
The Scheme is run as a partnership between the scheme operators, who include:
- Stoke-on-Trent City Council
- Newcastle-under-Lyme Borough Council
Who can be become an accredited landlord?
This is a voluntary scheme available to any private landlord who owns and rents out properties in the North Staffordshire area, whether they are locally based or not.
The benefits of becoming an accredited landlord:
- Recognition that you are a landlord providing a good standard of accommodation.
- Access to information and advice at a half day Landlord Development event.
- Market advantage when letting a property.
- Free advertisement and promotion of your vacant properties on the scheme's website: http://www.landlordaccreditation.co.uk
- Access to discounts from local participating companies.
- Improved access to other local authority departments and services, for instance, Housing Benefits, Empty Homes Team, Grants.
- Co-operation, support and advice from the scheme operators on all aspects of private renting.
- Provision of a certificate to promote and provide proof of your membership to the scheme.
- Periodic inspections of properties registered with the scheme to offer advice on standards and ensure that they meet the scheme requirements.
- Quarterly newsletter.
- Empty Property Matching Service.
How do landlords become accredited?
To participate in the scheme, landlords must supply the following:
- A completed and signed application form.
- Details of all the properties they rent out within the two participating local authority areas.
- A copy of the current Gas Safety Certificate(s) for all the properties listed on the property register where applicable).
- Payment of a fee of £70 for two years membership, and
- Attend a half day Landlord Development event within the membership period.
Accreditation will be given where a landlord meets the criteria of the scheme. This will involve ensuring, as far as reasonably possible, that the landlord is responsible, competent and suitable to be a member of the scheme. Successful applicants' details will be held on a register and updated periodically by the scheme operators.
The application form can be found as an attachment at the bottom of this page. Payment of the membership fee can be via the telephone by calling 01782 232087, online via the Pay option on stoke.gov.uk or by cheque, made payable to Stoke-On-Trent City Council.
Should you require anything further or if would like an application pack sent to you please don’t hesitate to contact the Landlord Accreditation Scheme on (01782) 232271 or email us at email@example.com