We aim to improve the environment for everyone who lives in, works in or visits the City of Stoke-on-Trent.
We carry out a range of duties including:
- air quality monitoring and management;
- dealing with problems of neighbourhood nuisance including loud noise;
- obnoxious smells;
- dust and chimney / bonfire smoke;
- control of authorised potentially polluting industries;
- local response to radiation incidents;
- monitoring and advice on electromagnetic and ambient radiation;
- advising the planning department on potential environmental and nuisance issues for new developments;
- contaminated land identification and investigation;
- inspection and sampling; and
- providing environmental information.
For more information, please follow the links to see our pages on: Noise Pollution, Air Quality, Contaminated Land and Radiation.
Our Contact details
PO Box 2452
Hanley Town Hall
- 8:30am to 5pm Monday to Thursday
- 8:30am to 4.30pm Friday
Tel: 01782 232065
Fax: 01782 236496