City Catering is our in-house caterer serving meals in schools and children centre's across the city.
Our fully-trained staff supply tasty homemade school meals to over 16,000 children in the city daily, encouraging customers to choose a balanced meal. Many schools also offer a breakfast and break service.
Providing food which children want to eat is easy but we would be failing if we did not make sure that this food meets their present and future health needs. City Catering has been making changes to give children the best possible food choices during the school day in line with present legislation for both food standards and nutrient guidelines.
We are very proud of the service that we provide and our take-up of meals is higher than the national average which is mainly due to the committment and passion of our staff.
We spend more than the Government recommends on our ingredients, giving your child better value on their plate.
We've reduced the number of 'bought in' products and we carefully monitor this number - we have no novelty shaped processed items on our menus.
- We make home-made dishes daily
- Our recipes have reduced fat, sugar and salt content
- We make sure there are fruit and vegetables daily
- Many items on our menus are oven baked rather than fried
- We provide water, milk, milkshakes and pure fruit juice daily
Free School Meals
Please note that all enquires are confidential. You are entitled to free school meals, for your family, if you receive:
- Income Support;
- Income based Job Seekers Allowance;
- Income-based Employment & Support Allowance
- The guarantee element of Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (but not if you also get Working Tax Credit) and have an annual income under £16,190; or
- If you are an asylum seeker supported by the UKBA under Part VI of the Nationality and Asylum Act 1999.
For more details you can:
- Contact your child's school; or
- Phone the Free School Meals Team on 01782 236813 (Minicom for the hearing impaired 01782 232331).