Our centre in Stanley, Staffordshire offers adventurous activities for everyone. We offer a wide range of great value day and residential activities for:
- Schools – specialist curricular subjects and key stages.
- Corporate clients – team building, challenge days and room hire.
- Leisure events – children’s parties and adults group of friends.
You can select from our packages of events or tailor-make your own bespoke event. Either way we offer exciting experiences for thrill seekers and those looking for a more relaxing break. Most of our activities are delivered on-site by our friendly, qualified instructors. Residential bookings can also incorporate activities in the Peak District National Park and other locations. We offer:
- Abseiling – onsite or at other locations
- Archery – in our woodland or on our field range
- Bouldering – on the giant gritstone boulders around The Roaches.
- Bushcraft – tracking, shelter building, wild cooking and more!
- Campfire – chill out in the evening around our campfire circle.
- Caving – takes places in Derbyshire at caves to suit the group.
- Challenge wall – a fun mental and physical challenge to get over.
- Climbing – on-site climbing walls or in The Roaches to suit all abilities.
- Canoeing and kayaking – paddling for fun or proficiency awards on the lake or at a local river.
- Crate stacking – developing teamwork and testing bravery and balance.
- Expeditions – routes planned to suit you with a Mountain Leaders, transport and overnight camping if required.
- High All Aboard – testing teamwork and balance on a 10 meter high pole.
- High Ropes – a series of high-rise self-confidence building challenges.
- Jacobs Ladder – an aerial challenge for both individuals and teams.
- Mountain biking – tailored to suit your group either on-site or in the Peak District.
- Nightline – tackling a woodland course wearing blindfolds to build teamwork and communication skills.
- Orienteering – courses designed to suit different ages and abilities.
- Raft building – teamwork and determination are required to build and launch a floating raft.
- Sailing – on Stanley Reservoir in single or multi-person boats.
- Skiing – tailored instruction on a dry slope in Stoke-on-Trent.
- Team building activities – a range of activities tailored to suit the needs of your team.
- Woodland challenge – testing the balance and co-ordination of groups of young people.
- Zip wire – 60m zip wire not for the faint hearted.
We pride ourselves on the quality of sessions we provide and the vast range of activities on offer. We provide the necessary
safety equipment. Our instructors are qualified and experienced in delivering safe and enjoyable sessions.
Overnight visitors can stay in our cottage, one of our five dormitories or camp in a tent. The group can combine an array of on-site and off-site activities to make their stay a memorable one.
For more information and to check availability contact us:
Phone: 01782 503208
Stanley Head Outdoor Education Centre
Tompkin Road, Stanley, Staffordshire ST9 9LY
Visit our main website at www.stanleyhead.org.uk
School summer holiday activities
- Mountain biking
- High ropes adventures
- Abseiling and climbing
- Rock climbing
- Climbing walls