Council Tax helps to finance a wide range of local government and other public services in the city. The money you pay is collected by us and helps to fund:
- Stoke-on-Trent City Council services for a variety of services for the people of Stoke-on-Trent
- Staffordshire Police Authority services for crime prevention, law and order
- Staffordshire Fire and Rescue Authority services for fire prevention and rescue
By paying your Council Tax regularly and on time, you help to provide vital services for your local community.
If you require a printed copy of this Council Tax booklet please telephone us on 01782 234234.
Save time and do it online - click through to:
- Pay your Council Tax
- Set up a Direct Debit to pay your Council Tax
- Tell us if you are moving house
- Notify us about someone who has died
- Apply for a Single Person Discount
- Cancel your Single Person Discount
- Change the date that your payment is made or how you make a payment
- Tell us if your tenant has moved in or out (landlords/letting agents)
- Apply for Council Tax Hardship Relief
- Make an offer of payment for your Council Tax if you have received a court summons
- Contact us using our Online Enquiry Form
The Online Account makes managing your Council Tax ‘Click and Easy’
- Find out more about Council Tax
- Appeal against your Council Tax bill
- Get help if you’re having problems paying your bill
- Apply for Council Tax Support/ Housing Benefit
- Find out about Council Tax discounts and exemptions
- Get general information about Council Tax from direct.gov.uk
- Find out about Council Tax completion notices
The Empty Property Premium
The Local Government Finance Act 2012, Section 12 allowed local authorities to charge an additional premium on long term empty and unfurnished properties (properties that have been empty and unfurnished for 2 years or more).
From 1 April 2014, any properties that have been empty and unfurnished for 2 years or more are liable to pay an additional 50% Council Tax.
Contact the Council Tax team
By filling in our online Council Tax enquiry form, we can help you quicker - you can also upload any documentary / supporting evidence required for applications using this form if you need to. Click here to contact us.
If you still can’t find the information that you want and need to speak to us regarding your bill, you can contact us by:
- Visiting any of our Local Centres or One Stop Shops – click here for locations and opening times
- Calling 01782 234234 – lines are open between 8am to 8pm Mondays to Fridays, and 9am to 1pm on Saturdays
|Get information about local events, council news, job vacancies or adult learning classes delivered straight to your e-mail inbox. Click here to sign up.|