Youth Offending Services

Liberty House

The Youth Offending Service is a statutory partnership with the primary responsibility for preventing and reducing offending in children and young people.

The emphasis is to ensure that children, young people and parents sentenced by the courts receive robust packages of support to prevent and reduce offending.

The service is also required to work with victims of crime by providing support, guidance and an opportunity to influence the interventions of the children and young people.

The Youth Offending Service Prevention Team is supporting the integrated working model across the City by offering voluntary packages of support to children and young people to prevent them entering the criminal justice system.

To download the Youth Justice Plan 2012-13 please follow this link:

Youth Offending Services responsibilities are:

  • To work towards one overall aim of preventing youth offending.
  • Working with young people who receive final warnings.
  • Providing a variety of services to the youth court, including writing pre-sentence reports, short format reports and advising Magistrates on outcomes for young people.
  • The supervision of court orders.
  • To work with victims of youth crime, known as restorative justice work as part of the above orders.
  • Supervision of young people during and after periods of custody.
  • Providing appropriate adult services in police stations and court.
  • Crime prevention.
  • Recruitment of volunteers to support the referral order process.

Our partners

Our work is delivered in partnership with and through;

More information about our services

For further information please contact us on the details below

Youth Offending Services 
Liberty House
Marsden Street

Telephone: 01782 235858
Fax: 01782 235860

Directions on how to find us can be found here.

If you've got worries or need some advice we can help. If something is worrying you or making you scared and you are not sure if it's abuse, it's important to talk to someone you trust. Visit the Safeguarding Children Board website for information and advice about issues which may be affecting you and how to contact for support.