The Register Office is found within the 'cultural quarter' in Hanley City Centre, the Town Hall is
a listed building and a classic example of Victorian architecture.
There are two ceremony rooms available at Hanley Town Hall for civil ceremonies. Both were fully refurbished recently and offer traditional and elegant surroundings for all ceremonies.
Some of our services
- we register births, still births and deaths
- supply copies of birth, death, marriage and civil partnership certificates
- take notice of marriage and civil partnerships
- conduct marriage and civil partnership ceremonies
- conduct citizenship ceremonies
- conduct naming, renewal of vows and commitment ceremonies
- support your family history research
An appointment is required to register a birth or a death or to give notice for a marriage or civil partnership.
Please call 01782 235260 to make an appointment. If you are disabled or have access restrictions you
must let us know when you book your appointment.
There are a number of pay and display car parks nearby.
Fees and Charges
Office Opening hours
Wednesday 8.30am to 6.30pm
Friday 8.30am to 4.30pm
Saturday 9am to 12pm (for appointments only)
Please Note: Pre -booked appointments are required for all Registrations.