The following premises may need licences:
- pubs and nightclubs
- indoor sporting events
- restaurants that serve alcohol
- businesses offering hot food between 11 pm and 5 am (with certain exceptions)
- hotels, guest houses and other places that sell alcohol
- private members' clubs and social clubs
- theatres and amateur dramatic groups
- organisers of occasional entertainments.
Personal licences allow the person named to sell or supply alcohol in accordance with a premises licence. Personal licences are 'portable'.
There is no need to renew your personal licence.
Premises licences allow the holder to use specified premises to sell and supply of alcohol, provide regulated entertainment and late night refreshment. It has no expiry date.
A ‘designated premises supervisor’ must be named in the licence (where the sale and supply of alcohol is concerned). This is the person responsible for the supervision of the licensed premises. The designated premises supervisor must also hold a personal licence.
- Premises licence application click here to apply (see the DPS Consent Form & Public Notice below) If serving hot food click here for food registration form
- Premise minor variation click here for the guidance and application form to apply click here for the guidance click here for the Public Notice
- Premise Licence Variation Application Form click here to apply
- Public Notice - used when applying or varying a premise licence click here to apply
- Premise Licence Transfer Application Form click here to apply
- Change of Designated Premise Supervisor you can apply on-line Click here for the DPS Consent Form complete and save it locally. Click here for GOV.UK website where you can complete the electronic form and pay by credit card.
- Premise Provisional Statement click here to apply
- Premises Interim Authority Notice click here to apply
- Premises Notification of Interest click here to apply
- Premise Review Application click here to apply
- Premise Representation of Interested Parties click here to apply
- Premises DPS Mandatory Condition to be Dis applied click here to apply
Club premises certificates give qualifying clubs permission to use their premises for qualifying club activities, such as supplying or selling alcohol to a club member or their guest to drink on the premises, or providing regulated entertainment for club members and guests. It has no expiry date.
- Club Premise certificate click here to apply
- Club Premise Variation click here to apply
Temporary event notices allow premises to be used for licensed activities on a one-off basis. You must submit your form a minimum of 12 working days before your event.
To apply on-line for your temporary event notice click here
Tel: 01782 232774
Monday 9am until 4.45pm
Tuesday 9am until 4.45pm
Wednesday 9am until 4.45pm
Thursday 9am until 4.45pm
Friday 9am until 4.15pm
Saturday - CLOSED
Sunday - CLOSED