Non-Domestic Rates, or Business Rates, collected by local authorities are the way that those who occupy non-domestic property contribute towards the cost of local services. Except in the City of London where special arrangements apply, the rates are pooled by central government and redistributed to local authorities as part of the annual formula grant settlement. The money, together with revenue from council tax payers, revenue support grant provided by the Government and certain other sums, is used to pay for the services provided by your local authority and other local authorities in your area.
For more information on business rates follow this links from this page or call our business rates team on 01782 238274.
If you need to write to us, please use the address below:
Business Rates Team, Revenues Centre, PO Box 1490, Stoke-on-Trent ST4 4TS
More general information about business rates can be found here (external link).
- To find out about Business Rates Relief, click here
- To find out how to pay your business rates, click here
- If you need to know more about the 2012-2013 rates deferral scheme, click here
- To find out how business rates are calculated click here
- Follow this link for details of finance and performance for the 2013-2014 financial year
You will soon be able to view your account, view payments and much more online. Please see this link for further information.
Please see the related files below for guidance on Business Rates.