Business Rates (or National Non-Domestic Rates – NNDR) are the way that those occupying non-domestic properties, such as shops, restaurants, pubs, warehouses, factories and offices, contribute towards the cost of local public services.
Up until March 2013, the income from Business Rates was paid into a national pool and redistributed by the Government to councils through a grant settlement. Since April 2013, Stoke-on-Trent City Council has received significantly less money in Government grants but gets to keep a proportion of the Business Rates collected locally, providing a financial incentive to improve the local economy.
We are working hard to support small businesses and grow the local economy as much as possible, by encouraging new business to relocate in the city. We offer:
- Flexible payment options with monthly instalments to spread the cost
- A range of mandatory and discretionary rate reliefs and discounts
Save time and do it online - click through to:
- Pay your Business Rates online using a credit or debit card
- View your Business Rates account
- Set up a Direct Debit to pay your Business Rates
- Tell us if you are moving into a property or starting a business
- Tell us if you are moving out of a property or closing a business
- Apply for Small Business Rate Relief
- Apply for either mandatory and/or discretionary relief if you are a charity
- Find your rateable value
- Contact the Business Rates team or send in your evidence for an application
|The Online Account makes managing your Business Rates ‘Click and Easy’
You can view your account balance, check payments, apply for discounts, reliefs and exemptions, and more through the Online Account.
Click here for more information or to sign up for free.
- Find out about Business Rates discounts, reliefs and exemptions
- See how Business Rates are calculated
- Find out more about Business Rates in our Frequently Asked Questions
- Get general information about Business Rates from direct.gov.uk
Contact the Business Rates team
By filling in our online Business Rates enquiry form, we can help you quicker - you can also upload any documentary / supporting evidence required for applications using this form if you need to. Click here to contact us.
If you still can’t find the information that you want, and need to contact us regarding your bill, you can
call 01782 238274.