Factory is Staffordshire’s only dedicated business support programme for the creative sector.
Factory offers a personal approach, delivered through a series of bespoke support activities including: one-to-one business advice & guidance, business development workshops, sector driven events, networking opportunities, experienced mentors, tradeshow exposure and competitive market intelligence to help drive your business forward.
If you are a creative professional working in film and television, fashion and design, digital and technology, craft and ceramics or any other creative Industry in Staffordshire, we are here to help you to develop your creative business.
- business advice and guidance: book an appointment with one of our specialist advisors to discuss your unique business and support requirements. All meetings are confidential and our advice team can provide an independent, non-judgemental perspective for all of your business needs. We work with you on a one to one basis to help you develop your ideas, identify opportunities and assist with future planning to help you grow your company into a thriving creative business.
- workshops: develop new skills and build on existing ones by attending one of our business development workshops. They cover a range of subjects including business planning, marketing, e-commerce, online development, intellectual property and new product development. New courses are regularly developed to meet the ever changing needs of the creative sector.
- competitive intelligence: want to know more about your customers, competitors and potential target markets? We offer a range of competitive intelligence reports. These can provide key information about market trends, gaps in the market, new suppliers and buyers, pricing your products and the best place to find your customers.
- mentoring: in partnership with Let’s Do Mentoring, we have access to more than 100 vastly experienced mentors who have a wealth of experience in all areas of business development. If you are looking for focused support to assist with a specific area of business or want advice on how to handle rapid growth development, a mentor can provide you with non-judgmental support based on your own unique situation.
- tradeshow exposure: to assist creative companies reach new customers and access new and diverse markets, Factory partners with a number of leading trade fairs to offer local companies the opportunity to exhibit alongside some of the best creative businesses in the UK. These opportunities include research trips, pre-show preparation, dedicated mentor packages and financial assistance to showcase your products
- networking and events: Factory delivers regular networking opportunities and events across all areas of Staffordshire. These events are a great opportunity for you to meet with other creative professionals working in the region, as well as the chance to listen to industry experts share their experiences of working in the creative sector
- collaboration: Factory is Staffordshire’s only dedicated business support programme for the creative sector and is extremely well placed to help you find the right support for any creative endeavour. We have access and contact information to funding information, new initiatives, freelance staff, various resources and specialist equipment and venues to help you continue to drive your business forwards. We are always happy to introduce you to other creative professionals and promote collaborative ventures.
01782 234 193
The Factory project is part of the Mentoring Growth Service programme led by Staffordshire Chambers of Commerce and is part funded by the European Regional Development Fund’s England Operational Programme 2014 – 20.