Stoke Library is in the Stoke Local Centre. Car parking is available within two minutes' walk of the library.
- Job clubs - Get help with searching and applying for jobs
- a children’s area with computers and story bears area,
- a teenage area with study table and soft seating,
- soft seating for customers to use when reading newspapers and magazines, or when waiting for a computer,
- two 15 minute quick computers for checking emails
- Free access to Wi-Fi
- 16 computers available to book.
- ICT suite, which is available to book for courses for education groups and organisations to run courses for the local community
- outside book return unit to use 24/7 for all borrowed items.
Monday: 8.45am - 6pm
Tuesday: 8.45am - 6pm
Wednesday: 8.45am - 6pm
Thursday: 8.45am - 5pm
Friday: 8.45am - 6pm
Saturday: 10am - 2pm
Stoke Local Centre
South Wolfe Street
Tel: 01782 238446
Fax: 01782 238449
Getting to Stoke Library
By road: From M6 exit 15 or 16 take A500 to Stoke-on-Trent. Follow signs for Stoke. Click here for a map showing the location of Stoke Library.
By rail: Stoke-on-Trent station is 5 minutes' walk from the library. Taxis are available from the station.
Stoke Local Centre has been built with many energy saving features including:
- sedum roof to improve thermal performance, oxygen levels and air quality,
- sun pipes to give the library natural daylight,
- solar panels to collect energy used to heat the water,
- rainwater which will be collected from the roof and used in the centre,
- heat pumps which will use the earth’s natural constant temperature to give heating and hot water, and
- wind catchers to help provide fresh air.
Many recycled materials were used to build the centre, including:
- aluminium curtain walling,
- ceiling tiles using a high percentage of recycled material,
- ceramic tiles bought from a local factory,
- the wood for the doors and the timber decking was from a sustainable source, and
- library book shelving made from 25% recycled metal.