Housing repairs

There are several ways that you can contact us to request a housing repair

Call us on: 01782 234100

Email us at: Housing.Repairs@stoke.gov.uk
Text us on: 07786 200700
In person: at your nearest Local Centre

What information do I need to provide?
When you contact us you will need to provide us with your name, address, a contact telephone number and where possible the exact details of the repair needed.

When you report a repair, you will be asked a number of simple questions that will help us to work out the exact problem that you are experiencing and the best way of dealing with it in line with our repairs policy.

If a visit is required we’ll ask you when would be a convenient time to come to your property and complete the repair. Please try to be as specific as possible and try to avoid asking us to simply attend as soon as possible.

By providing us with times and dates that are convenient to you, you’re helping to shape our service.

How do I cancel an appointment?
If you have contacted us to report a repair and then find you are unable to keep the appointment, please contact us as soon as possible.

Ideally we would like you to give us at least 24 hours’ notice. We will then rearrange your appointment for a more suitable time.

If you don’t contact us we will still visit your property and leave a card through your letterbox.
The card will have details of the visit and a contact number that you will need to telephone to arrange a further visit.

What happens when my tradesman arrives?
When your tradesman arrives they will attempt to diagnose the problem and repair it. Our tradesman have a large number of parts on their vehicles, however they may need specialist parts delivered to them on site. We’ll always do our best to have the parts delivered right away so that your repair is completed.

Sometimes your repair may be more difficult than first thought. If we can’t finish your repair right away, we’ll always do our best to make safe any dangerous structures and provide you with temporary arrangements where appropriate. We’ll also do our best to provide you with any additional appointments that you require.

How do I make a comment or complaint?
If you have any feedback about our service or if we don’t get things right, please contact us. Our advisors will do their best to fully resolve any issues as quickly as possible. If we can’t resolve your issue, we’ll always help you to make a complaint with the city council’s dedicated customer feedback team. 

They will make sure your complaint reaches the right officer who will respond to you within 10 working days.

In consultation with tenants, we have developed a number of service standards which explain the service you can expect to receive from us.

These standards will be regularly measured and we will report back to you how we are doing.


Related Files: