We have compiled some useful resources and training materials that you can use to improve your skills and knowledge about carbon management, climate change, energy and other related issues. If you are aware of any other training resources, please forward these onto the climate change team (email@example.com) so we can share them with everyone.
Carbon Trust webinars - http://www.carbontrust.co.uk/events/workshops/pages/workshops-webinars.aspx
These webinars are available:
• The Economics of Biomass (Part 1 & 2)
• Green Your Business for Growth (you will need to register, for free, to access this course)
Information for businesses: Business Link - http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/layer?topicId=1079068363#
Homes and Communities Agency - http://www.learnathca.co.uk/
This has learning packages such as:
• Demystifying Climate Change – Planning & Building Regulations
• Demystifying Climate Change – Sustainable Development
• Carbon Navigator & Introductory Module to Understanding Carbon Management (you will need to register, for free, to access this course)
• Understanding Carbon Management (you will need to register, for free, to access this course) – this will equip you with the knowledge and skills needed to consider carbon management on a project, and will enable you to work in multi disciplinary teams to deliver real solutions.
BRE Training - http://training.bre.co.uk/
This has free online courses in:
• Energy Management (you will need to register, for free, to access this course)
• Sustainability (you will need to register, for free, to access this course)
• Health & Safety (you will need to register, for free, to access this course)
• Introduction to the training portal (you will need to register, for free, to access this course)
• Online seminars
• Training courses (most incur a cost)
UK Climate impacts Programme (UKCIP) – http://moodle.ukcip.org.uk/course/index.php
This has free online courses in: (you will need to register, for free, to access these courses)
• An Introduction to the UKCIP
• Adaptation in Action
• Adaptation for Businesses & Organisations
• UKCP09 – An Introduction (introduction to the UK Climate Projections and the key concepts that underly them)
• And more….
Through our links with other local authorities across the West Midlands and Staffordshire, we have been made aware of renewable technology courses being run by South Staffordshire college (various campuses), see their webpage for further details: http://www.southstaffs.ac.uk/courses/
RESOURCES and LINKS
Other useful websites (please click on the links below, these will navigate you away from this current page):
CycleStoke: information about where you can get cycle training, routes
around the city, cycling tips and other fun bike information.
Department of Energy and Climate Change (Central Government Department) - responsible for energy and climate change policy in the UK and for tackling climate change on a nation-wide basis.
Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change - The IPCC are the eading international body on assessing climate change, it is a scientific body.
UK Climate Impacts Programme - The UKCIP support organisations adapt to the effects of climate change.
Energy Saving Trust - gives the public and private businesses information about how to cut costs and save energy.
The Carbon Trust - a not-for-profit company who specialise in supporting local authorities and private businesses by cutting carbon emissions, saving energy and commercialising low carbon technologies.
Environment Agency - Their principal aims are to protect and enhance the environment and promote sustainable development.
Severn Trent Water - the local water authority, with information about servicces, products and how to report a leak.
Love Food Hate Waste - helping you to buy, use and keep food in a more responsible way to save you money and stop waste.
Eat Seasonably - advice and information about what produce is available at different times of the year. Also the different planting times for a variety of fruit and vegetables if yuo want to start growing your own food.
Get Composting - a site where you can enter your postocde and find cheap composting accessories in your area.
Guide to Composting - a how-to guide on setting up your own composting bin etc.
Responsible Travel - go on holiday in a manner that protects the environment and local areas.
Also, if you would like more like more information about the application of renewable technology in the Stoke on Trent, Staffordshire and West Midlands area, please see the documents, available to download from the Telford & Wrekin Council website [click here]. The research was commissioned by Telford & Wrekin Council, and kindly shared with other Local Authorities.
Please contact us if you would like further information or to offer comments and suggestions for this section: firstname.lastname@example.org
This page was last updated August 2012