As a result of the vacancy caused by the resignation of Andrew Lilley, a by-election has been called in the Baddeley, Milton and Norton ward.
November 15: Results have been attached to the bottom of this page.
To be eligible to stand in this by-election you must be:
- 18 or over
- A British citizen, eligible Commonwealth citizen or a citizen of a member state of the European Union
and meet one of the following criteria:
- Be a local government elector for Stoke-on-Trent (any ward) from the date of nomination
- Occupy land or premises in Stoke-on-Trent during the whole 12 months before nomination
- Have worked in Stoke-on-Trent as your main occupation during the whole 12 months before nomination
- Have lived in Stoke-on-Trent during the whole 12 months before nomination.
Those who are not eligible to stand:
- Employees of Stoke-on-Trent City Council
- Holders of politically-restricted posts
- Subjects of a bankruptcy restriction order or interim order
- People who have been sentenced to a period of three months or more imprisonment (without the option of a fine) within five years of polling day
- Anyone who has been disqualified under the Representation Of The People Act 1983 or the Audit Commission Act 1998
When will polling cards be sent out?
Poll cards will be sent out shortly after the Notice of Election has been published (October 10, 2013)
What if I'm not on the electoral register?
Contact the electoral services unit, Civic Centre, Glebe Street, Stoke-on-Trent, to request more information and/or a nomination pack. Call 01782 233800 or e-mail email@example.com
I want to request a postal vote. When is the latest date I can do so?
The last time to apply for a postal vote is 5pm on October 30, 2013.