Reporting a change in your circumstances

Have things changed in your household?
It’s important that you let us know about any change in your circumstances that may affect the Council Tax you have to pay as soon as possible. If you don't, you may end up paying the wrong amount of Council Tax. You must tell us within 21 days of any change; for example, if someone comes to live with you or if you move home.

Moving House
Use our online forms to let us know about your change of address.

Click here if you are moving within Stoke-on-Trent
We'll close your old account and send you a bill for what you still owe. If you have overpaid we can transfer the credit to the account for your new address or refund it to you. Your new bill will tell you what your new installments will be.

Click here if you are moving out of Stoke-on-Trent
We will send a closing account to your new address. You will need to inform the council where you are moving to that you have moved into their area so that they can register you for Council Tax.

Click here if you are moving into Stoke-on-Trent
Please use 000000 (at least 6 zeros) as your Council Tax reference number when completing this form. You will need to inform the council where you moved from that you are moving so that they can send you a revised account.



Landlords/ Letting Agents
If you’re a landlord or letting agent, you can also tell us of a change of tenancy. Please have any documents you might wish to upload ready, such as a copy of the tenancy agreement. Click here to complete a landlord/ letting agent change of occupancy form


Single Person Discount
If you wish to cancel your single person discount - because someone has moved into your address - or someone has reached the age of 18, click here to let us know.

To apply for a single person discount - because you have recently moved to a new address as the only adult, or someone has moved out leaving you as the only adult - you can do this through your Online Account.


Change of method of payment
You can change the date that your payment is made. If you pay by cash/debit card, you can pay on any day of the month up to the 28th of each month. If you pay by Direct Debit, you can pay on the 1st, 5th, 10th or 25th of each month. Click here to change your method of payment

Offer of Payment
Click here if you have received a court summons and would like to make an offer of payment for your Council Tax debt


The Online Account makes managing your Council Tax ‘Click and Easy’
At the click of a button - anywhere, anytime:
•  Check your bill, balance and payments
•  Apply for discounts and exemptions
•  View Housing Benefits payments
•  Tell us when your circumstances change
•  Get e-billing and electronic notifications
•  View Council Tax Support claims
It's quick, easy, convenient and secure – click here for more information


If you still can't find what you're looking for above, you can also contact us by filling in our online enquiry form. You can also upload evidence if you need to. Click here to access the online enquiries form.