Carmountside Cemetery and Crematorium
Tel: 01782 235050
Out of Hours Tel No: Stoke-on-Call – 01782 234234.
Fax: 01782 234698
Memorial Helpline: 01782 234699 (out of hours answerphone)
Office Opening Times
Monday to Thursday - 8.45am to 5pm
Friday - 8.45am to 4.30pm
Saturday - 9am to 12 noon
Cemetery Opening Times
Access to all the city cemeteries is between these times only
Winter - 8am to 5pm
Summer - 8am to 8pm
These times will coincide with the seasonal changes as dictated by Daylight Saving hours.
You must not enter the cemeteries outside of these hours, doing so will be trespassing
The cemetery at Carmountside was opened in 1947, and covers approximately 25.7 hectares. It is currently expected that new graves will be available until approximately 2055.
The grounds are beautifully laid out with mature trees and shrubs, and seasonal planting in formal flowerbeds.
Carmountside has won a number of awards:-
- Winner of Cemetery and Crematorium of the Year Award in 1999, 2002 and 2005. Runner up in 2008. Honourable mention in 2007.
- Award for the Best Babies and Infant Memorial Garden in 2007.
- Awarded the Royal Worcester Spode Trophy – Outstanding Merit in Britain in Bloom in 1999.
- Awarded a Green Flag in July 2008 for its green spaces and retained the award in 2009 (retained in 2010,2011, 2012 and 2013)
- The Institute of Cemetery and Crematorium Management (ICCM) placed our cremation and burial services first out of 125 authorities in 2008 and 2009.
- In 2010 The Institute of Cemetery and Crematorium Management (ICCM) changed it's grading system to a Gold Silver and Bronze rating, Bereavement Care Service achieved the 'Gold' standard in 2010.
- Member of the Charter for the Bereaved
- A large chapel which is available for services.
- New full earth graves
- Reopen graves
- Cremation remains graves
- Woodland park
- Sweet Dreams and Butterfly Garden (children's and babies burial and strewing area)
- Butterfly Dreams (children and babies burial area)
- Garden of remembrance
- War memorial
- Woodland garden
- Sensory garden (including individual private gardens)
- Book of remembrance room
- Waiting room
- Tea room
We hold a number of special open days and services throughout the year. Details of these events are displayed in the cemetery noticeboards.
For further information please contact us at the Bereavement Care Service office on 01782 235050 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
News - Business Opportunity
We have a room available on lease for Florist use only. See attached documentation for details.
For further information please contact Neville Chadwick on telephone number 01782 236599.
To view these files you will need a copy of adobe acrobat reader. To download a free copy please go to www.adobe.com